Still looking to satisfy your sweet tooth after the Easter holidays? Why not try this delicious recipe from this month’s cooking corner. Peanut butter filled Easter chocolates are sure to be a hit all year round.
See the recipe below and images of CPL’s Hope Island cooking program participants in action. Or, if you’re after another Easter inspired treat, see what else participants made in the lead up to Easter here.
Ingredients - Makes 6
- ½ Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 25g Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup Icing Sugar Mixture
- 500g Dark Chocolate
- Place peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until butter has melted, and mixture is smooth. Add Sugar and Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate to cool.
- Chop chocolate finely then place ¾ of it into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes stirring halfway through. Add remaining chocolate and stir until melted.
- Place a large Easter Chocolate mould tray on a baking tray. Using a pastry brush, brush chocolate evenly into the cavities.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until set. Repeat to create a double coating.
- Spoon peanut butter mixture into chocolate cavities in mould tray and gently press, leaving a 5mm gap at the top. Spoon remaining chocolate over filling, scraping away excess chocolate with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Unmould and store in fridge until ready to serve.
Want more information on activities and centres near you?