If you’re looking for the perfect accompaniment for your next barbie or want to serve up something a little different when sitting down to watch the footy this year, don’t look past the recipe for this month. The herbed mayo dip with vegetable crudites is sure to be a crowd favourite. Check out the cooking corner’s recipe below.
Herbed mayo dip with vegetable crudites
- 4 washed white potatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- ½ bunch baby carrots, fronds trimmed, peeled
- 2x 250g punnets Qukes baby cucumbers, halved lengthways
- ½ bunch radish, halved
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thickly sliced
- 1 small yellow capsicum, halved, deseeded, thickly sliced
- 150g green beans, trimmed, blanched
- 320g punnet mix-a-mato tomatoes, halved
- 3 soft-boiled free-range eggs, halved
Herbed Mayo Dip:
- ½ cup Heinz Good Rosemary & Sea Salt Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ small lemon, juiced
- ½ punnet chives, finely chopped
- ½ bunch continental parsley leaves, picked, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place potato, oil, and two-thirds of the rosemary on tray and toss to combine. Bake for 35 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden and tender.
2. Meanwhile, to make herbed mayo dip, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Top with remaining rosemary.
3. Arrange dip, vegetables, egg, and potato on a large platter. Scatter over with extra rosemary. Serve.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining one of CPL’s cooking classes, click the button below for more information.