If you’re looking for another recipe to warm up those winter nights, and a take on the classic lasagne recipe, why not give this month’s Chicken Lasagne recipe a go.
This meal falls under the soft foods category and is suitable for some people with eating difficulties.
Serves: 6 | Preparation: 20 minutes | Cooking: 60 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 900g fresh chicken mince
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 x carrots, chopped
- 4 x leeks, sliced
- 450ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree’
- 115g grated cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 115g dried lasagne sheets
- Salt and pepper
- 600ml milk
- 55g butter
- 55g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan.
- Add the chicken mince and cook over a medium heat breaking it up with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes or until browned all over.
- Add the garlic, carrots and leeks and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and tomato puree and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, to make the white sauce:
- Heat the milk, butter and flour in a saucepan, whisking constantly, until smooth and thick.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in half of the cheese and mustard.
Put the lasagne together
- In a large oven proof dish, make alternate layers of the chicken mixture, lasagne sheets and cheese sauce, ending with a layer of cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until golden brown and bubbling.